Register and integrate your Pronto file to ezyCollect in just a few minutes.
Prior to setting up, there are some prerequisites.
If you already have access to the Pronto server, you should already have the required information and can move on to the installation guide.
However, if your Pronto is hosted on the Cloud, you will have to get in touch with Pronto or your Pronto agent to obtain the following:
- Pronto ODBC Driver or IBM Informix ODBC Driver depending on your Pronto version
- Request that Pronto grant inbound firewall rules from your public IP (you will need to provide your public IP address - google ‘what is my ip’)
- Request from Pronto for the details needed in order to set up the ODBC Driver:
- Server name
- Host name (IP)
- Service (port number)
After installing the driver, you may proceed with the steps below:
Enter your email address and follow the prompts
- Complete your details on the registration wizard
3. Once your registration is completed, download the installer by clicking the link. Do not close this browser window yet, as you will need your API keys later (you can also refer to your API keys in the email you used during registration).
4. Open the installer once download is completed.
5. The installation process is very simple, we recommend you to use the default configurations
Click ‘Next > ’ to start
6. Here you can select where will ezyCollect Sync be installed
After selecting the directory (or using the default one), click ‘Install’
7. Once you click ‘Finish’ the ezyCollect sync UI will open as long as you leave the check on.
But let’s make sure you have your DSN configured
8. On the Windows search bar, type in ‘ODBC’ and open the option 'ODBC Data Sources (32-bit)
9. It is important to use the ‘System DSN’ tab, as the service may not be running with your current user
If there are no configurations to your file yet, click ‘Add…’
10. Select Pronto ODBC or IBM Informix ODBC Driver and add your DSN configurations
Name your DSN and give it a description
Using the details that you have / your Pronto agent had provided, enter the relevant details in the sections highlighted:
Once you’ve entered the relevant details, click ‘Apply & Test Connection’
11. In case you opted to not open the UI straight after the installation, you can always find it by searching on the Windows search bar
12. Here is where you use your API keys.
Since you already have your DSN configured, the next steps are quite simple
After you fill in your API Key, choose your Accounting System and click ‘Configure Connection’
For Pronto 700, 710, 720 & 730, select Pronto as Accounting System Type
For Pronto 740 & 750, select Pronto 740 as Accounting System Type
13. Just select your DSN from the list, fill in the User credentials and click ‘Test’
In Custom Settings, type 'DELIMIDENT=y'
The user and password is your Pronto login details
14. If the DSN is properly configured, you will see the image below.
15. Now all that’s left is to save your configuration
16. That’s it! Your sync is configured and it will start automatically.
You should be able to see your data in ezyCollect within 5-20 minutes depending on the size of your file.