Why change the status of your customer from Active to Pause
You may have some customers that you do not wish to send automated reminders for different reasons such as special arrangements, VIP customer, on payment plans or direct debit for a certain period. In these cases, you can choose to change their status in ezyCollect from Active to Pause (temporarily within a specific date).
Pausing a customer means, the system will not send any automated reminders for a specific date range - this is when you Pause the customer until the Resume Date.
For example, you pause the customer from 1st September and Resume date on 15th September - during these dates no automated reminders will be sent to the customer. This will also mean that the customer will skip any scheduled automated reminders.
When you Pause customers they wont receive the following:
- Automated reminders in the communication workflow (1st follow up to 6th follow up)
- Monthly statements
- Thank you emails
- Exception: New Invoice and Pre-reminders (before invoice is due) - but in this category there is the ability to include and send to Paused or Excluded customer if you wish. Learn how to do this here.
If you however, wish for certain customer not receive any automated reminders at all, you will need to change their status from Active to Exclude. Learn how to exclude your customer/s from any automated reminders indefinitely, click here.
How to Pause a customer
- Login to your ezyCollect account.
- Go to the Customers page.
- Select your customer by clicking into the actual customer name. This action opens up their customer page.
- If the customer is Active, go to Actions drop down menu on the upper right hand corner and click Pause Customer.
5. Choose the Resume date (this is when this customer's status will automatically change to Active) and type the Reason for pausing the customer. Click Pause to continue or Cancel to abort this action.
Alternatively, from the Customers page, hover your mouse to the customer that you want to Pause and scroll to the right hand corner over the ellipsis and different actions will pop-up. Select Pause Customer.
Choose the Resume date (this is when this customer's status will automatically change to Active) and type the Reason for pausing the customer. Click Pause to continue or Cancel to abort this action.
*Reason for Pause is only for internal purposes and is not sent to your customer..